Border Watch Films is a “concept to distribution” film studio near Nashville, Tennessee. We specialize in producing Christian presentations that center on the theme of Psalm 100 and communicate the Gospel of Christ.
“Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.” —100:3
“For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.” —100:5
To create unique presentations with engaging content that points to Jesus Christ through….
WRITING THAT FLOWS: The written word is the most orderly of communications. We work hard to give our films a coherent, smooth flow. Each topic should transition into the next; building the complete message within context. And every effort is made to ensure that our words agree with the Word of God in meaning.
VISUALS THAT LEAD: Images communicate ideas in an instant. We seek to use the proper visual content for strengthening the message. Like written content, the visual elements should also represent truth.
EDITING THAT SINGS: As one film editor was known to say a century ago; “It’s not singing yet.” We edit carefully, looking for just the right pacing to create a strong presentation. Indeed, more time is spent on editing than on recording. Our post production is a process for refining accuracy to reality.
CONTENT THAT EXCEEDS: We prioritize the use of original content in our presentations whenever possible. The majority of our visual elements originated with Border Watch Films crew members – encompassing everything from on-location footage to animated illustrations. And every title we produce or distribute features original music by talented composers.
Border Watch Films exists to craft presentations honoring to Jesus Christ, making every effort to be consistent with Scripture. We hold the following to be true….
– The Holy Bible is God’s word and speaks (in principle) to every aspect of life.
– There is one God, existing in three persons (Father, Spirit and Son).
– God created the universe and all creation in six days as recorded in Scripture. And science does not contradict six-day creation, but rather supports such a view.
– Mankind sinned – disobeying God – and the whole of creation is now in a fallen state.
– God the Son entered creation as a man and died on the cross, atoning for the sin of mankind, and was resurrected to life again.
– Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, unto eternal life in heaven, and forgiveness of sin.
– Marriage, by definition, is the union of one man and one woman.
Border Watch Films works with a network of Christian film professionals. Every project brings together a specialized team passionate about truth and beauty in presentation.
Benjamin Owen serves as producer and director. He leads the development, production and distribution of Border Watch Films projects. Owen has been recognized for work on multiple award-winning documentaries, both locally and nationally.